Tel. 01992 531620
Hertfordshire Sustainability Forum,
Environmental Services, East Herts Council,
Wallfields, Pegs Lane,
Hertford SG13 8EQ
Photo Credit: Countryside Management Service
HSF was originally formed in 1992 and was known as the Hertfordshire Environment Forum (HEF) until its merger with The Herts Climate Change Partnership. A steering group of Councillors from member authorities directs the work programme together with the resources of the HSF. Specific working groups have been set up to achieve the forum’s aims and objectives. Currently the most active group is Green Our Herts, which focuses on education and promotion.
The HSF’s objectives are:
• To ensure agencies work together effectively for sustainable development in Hertfordshire.
• To promote sustainability and to provide advice, expertise and understanding of the potential impacts of climate change in Hertfordshire.
• To work in partnership to develop a comprehensive programme to set the strategic path for sustainable development in Hertfordshire.
• To identify and share best practice in sustainable development in order to add value to projects.
• To provide expertise, guidance and develop strategies/delivery plans to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
• To champion a better and more resilient natural environment for the people of Hertfordshire.
View the HSF's Terms of Reference below:-
The Hertfordshire Sustainability Forum meets 3-4 times a year. Minutes from the most recent meetings can be found below:-